Friday 2 January 2009

WELCOME TO MY BLOG - YOUR MINSTREL !

The name 'Your Minstrel' is a reflection of my love for singing. And while I do not intend to sing on the blog - no definitely not, it is very much in the form of a narration. Narration of the small stories, indicidents and anecdotes that made my life and work in the field of social development so valuable, enriching and memorable.

Narrating this, for me, has been very nostalgic (as nostalgic as singing some of my favourite decades-old Bollywood songs !). It has brought to life some of those experience that I'd like to cherish forever - and it was like reliving those moments in my virtual space, remembering those days and times, those people and and through whom, I began understanding incrementally, the various dimensions of life and society.

Much of this refers to my experiences in India, dating back to 1985 - something which I started writing down since 2002. Since then, I have had several opportunities of going through a similar experience during my various travels to a number of Asian and African countries, which too, I will be posting on this blog......someday !

I do hope you enjoy reading these - and I would very much appreciate your comments, which will be a source of encouragement and inspiration for me.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Girish! Given your rich and varied career, it will be a treat to read this. Hope you are able to keep it up! Please share this with Ram also - am trying to convince him to write.
    love
    Gou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gouthami for this comment that you posted five years ago - just refreshing to read what people said ! I hope you will find the time to read some of my posts and comment as well !

    ReplyDelete